Written by Brigid Farrell.
2013 has really been the year of the high street beauty buys and in some cases, high street products are almost perfect dupes for a product that is three times as expensive. So, let’s all celebrate the high street and have some change from a tenner.
- Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer (RRP £5.49) – A full coverage concealer that perfectly hides those dark circles that suggest you’ve been up past bedtime. The slight shimmer in this concealer reawakens and illuminates the complexion.
- Topshop Cream Blusher (RRP £6.00) – These cute little cream blushers turn to powder once applied to the skin to give a lovely rosy glow. Perfect for the colder months.
- Bourjois Java Rice Loose Powder (RRP £9.99) – Not only is the packaging for this illuminating powder really pretty, but it is celebrating its 150th birthday. This re-formulated finely milled powder gives a lovely healthy glow to the skin when applied to the high points.
- Korress Lip Butter (RRP £8.00) – Formulated with Shea butter, these lip balms come in a variety of different colours. These are designed to both hydrate and add a hint of colour. Again, another ideal product for Autumn/Winter.
- Rimmel lip products (RRP £5-£7) – In regards to lip products, Rimmel really is going strong at the moment – it would be impossible to choose just one product. Some items to consider include the new Moisture Renew range, Rimmel Kate Matte lipstick or the Apocalips.
- Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain (RRP £7.99) – These stains combine a moisturising lip balm with a flush of colour. These are an almost identical dupe for the Clinique chubby sticks, both in formula and packaging.
- Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara (RRP £9.99) – This high street mascara beautifully lifts and lengthens the lashes whilst still maintaining a natural look. Lashes look fuller and over time the unique formula allows the lashes to grow stronger.
- MUA Eye Shadow Palette (RRP £4.00) – The quality of these eye shadow palettes is really something, especially when you consider that you get 12 shades for £4.00. With strong pigmentation, a range of different colours and a combination between matte and shimmer shades, you can’t complain.
- Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Liner in nude (£3.99) – This eye liner is creamy enough to be applied gently to the waterline, but lasts long enough that you don’t have to worry that it’s going to disappear. Using a nude liner can really brighten and lift the eye, so that nobody knows you had a few too many drinks the night before.
For the last of our top ten, I’ve picked the Essie nail polishes (RRP £7.99). The colour range of these polishes is so extensive, that there’s bound to be something that appeals to you. A long wearing formula with a small flat brush makes them perfect for accurate application. Colours worth noting include mint candy apple and chocolate cakes.Tweet