Written by Holly Reddish
Finding a winter coat is always an important investment at this time of year. It’s the first thing that people will see and you’ll be wearing it for the majority of the season – it needs to be a piece that you will love.
The Linc has picked out three key trends this season and searched the high street for something to suit every budget.
Trend 1: Faux fur
The fur coat is great for adding a glamorous edge to winter outfits. They can be worn casually with jeans and ankle boots or dressed up with an LBD, perfect for Christmas parties.
The above item is available from Primark at a gentle £35.00. For those with a slightly more generous budget, these are the other top faux fur picks:
- Boohoo.com – Louise Faux Fur Stripe Coat – £45.00
- Dorothy Perkins – Petite black faux fur coat – £69.00
- Lipsy – Faux Fur Coat – £75.00
Trend 2: Oversize
The oversized coat is a key piece for this season and can be worn at both formal and informal events. Keep to its masculine roots with jeans and brogues or wear with a dress for a more feminine flair.
The above coat from New Look juxtaposes a strong masculine fit with a sweet lilac hue. Other coats offering a similar style includes:
- River Island – Black tweed oversized coat – £90.00
- Topshop – Dogtooth Oversized Wool Blend Coat by Rare – £75.00
- ASOS Coat in Relaxed Oversized Fit – £90.00
Trend 3: Blanket capes
If you’re looking for something a little more quirky than the standard winter coat, blanket capes are a great alternative. They’re also perfect for the student budget, with styles from as little as £14.99.
The above cape from AX Paris is perfect for keeping warm on the cooler evenings. Other capes with hot prices include:
- TK Maxx – Cejon Black & White Printed Cape – £14.99
- New Look – Navy Aztec Print Trim Blanket Wrap – £19.99
- Topshop – Blanket Stitch Cape – £35.00
Part 2 of this feature (the perfect winter coats for men) will be available Saturday 23 November.Tweet