Written by Holly Reddish.
In the second part of our double feature The Linc looks at the top three trends in winter coats for men this season.
Trend 1: Bomber jackets
A bomber jacket is a great casual piece and is ideal for the transition between autumn and winter as it can easily be layered over jumpers, but the light fabrics mean that it will see you through to spring too.
The above bomber jacket from Burton is made of wool which combines comfort and practicality. For a less extravagant budget here are some great alternatives:
- New Look – Black Hooded Bomber Jacket – £29.99 (currently on offer for £14.00)
- Topman – Black Bomber Jacket – £40.00
- Asos – ASOS Bomber Jacket – £38.00
Trend 2: Parkas
This classic style has been very popular for the past couple of years and is still going strong for this season. It’s great for casual wear and will definitely keep you warm this winter.
The parka pictured above from Next combines one of the most versatile colours, tan, with one of the most popular styles of men’s coats. Other parkas which will help you stand out from the crowd include:
- George by ASDA – Faux Fur Trim Parka – £35.00
- New Look – Khaki Faux Fur Trim Hood Traditional Parka – £49.99
- River island – Khaki Green Casual Parka Jacket – £85.00 (currently on offer for £68.00)
Trend 3: Wool coats
For something more formal, a woollen coat with button fastenings is a great option and is a staple piece that will be in style for years to come.
Pure wool often makes a garment expensive so most items will be a blend of wool and other materials. These alternatives are cost conscious yet stylish:
- Boohoo.com – Wool Mix Hooded Duffle Coat – £40.00
- Burton – Navy long-line wool peacoat – £80.00
- Topman – Navy Belted Wool Blend Trench Coat – £90.00
The cold weather lasts a long time and a practical yet stylish coat is an important decision which should never be taken lightly.
Jon Carlan contributed to this report. All prices correct at time of publication. Cover image: Topman General Store. Photo: PRshots.comTweet