Written by Caitlin Lyth and Rebecca Marrow.
The festive season is upon us and with that comes plenty of opportunities for indulging yourself in some Christmas drinks. The term is over, assignments are all handed in, so why not treat yourself and your family to some Christmas-themed cocktails this December?
First up is The Grinch. Like the film, this cocktail promises a strong taste and leaves a sweet feeling behind. It is also cheap and easy to make!
1) Pour the melon liqueur into a cocktail shaker and add the lemon juice.
2) Shake gently
3) Add the sugar syrup and shake again
4) Pour into a glass and enjoy!
Mulled wine cocktail
The second is a twist on the traditional mulled wine, but with white wine and a few extra ingredients for added pleasure.
1) Put the white wine, cider and cordial into a pan and start to boil.
2) When it’s simmering, add the lemon zest, one table spoon of caster sugar and a dash of vanilla extract.
3) Stir until fully mixed.
4) Ladle into mugs to serve and keep the rest on a low heat to stop it from boiling.
Last but not least is the Christmas Cosmopolitan. This one differs from a traditional cosmopolitan, as the ginger gives it a slightly more spicy flavour
1) Mix the vodka and ginger wine in a glass.
2) Stir in the cranberry juice.
3) Juice the lime.
All of the ingredients should be available at your local supermarket, and if you are celebrating Christmas with your flatmates or friends, why not put a bit of money in and make these cocktails on a large scale for everyone to enjoy?Tweet