This has to be one of my favourite meals recently, it tastes amazing and is extremely beneficial.
Now I know there is a lot of stigma around avocados due to their high fat and calorie levels, but don’t let that scare you! The fat in avocados is a good fat, it helps your heart, skin and so much more!
Avocados are also bursting with vitamins, with nearly 20 packed into just one of them!
Need a bit more convincing? This website has more information.
This is such a quick and easy recipe, it is heavy on the calorie side but it’s worth it! I usually have this as my breakfast on a busy day so that I make sure I’ve consumed enough to see me through the day.
- 1 avocado (fresh and ripe)
- 2 medium sized eggs (free ranged)
- 1 small handful of seeds (plain and unprocessed, this step is optional)
- Coconut Oil (or any healthier oil)
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Line an oven tray with foil and grease with coconut oil.
- Cut the avocado in half, remove the stone and remove some of the avocado flesh (save for later). Place this on the tray.
- Crack an egg into each half of the avocado (some may spill out) and place the remaining avocado flesh on the tray.
- Put in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes depending on how runny you want your yolk.
- After 15-20 minutes, remove the avocado halves and place on a plate. Mash the remaining avocado flesh with some seeds and place on the plate.
- Eat warm and enjoy!