Lincoln’s Steep Hill in Lincoln is the fifth prettiest street in the UK – according to a new survey by the transport company National Express.
Over 1,000 people took part in the poll, which was to encourage people to visit somewhere new this Easter weekend.
The Shambles in York claimed the number one spot, with streets in Edinburgh, Bath and Newcastle also being in the top 15.
National Express spokesperson Chris Hardy said: “We quizzed the nation, scouring the A to Z of Britain’s roads, rows, avenues and lanes to uncover the top 15 UK streets you need to see.
“A long Bank Holiday weekend is right up everybody’s street so we thought the time was ripe to reveal the UK’s prettiest to inspire people to take somewhere new in their stride this Easter.”
Here are the streets which made the list:
- The Shambles – York
- The Royal Mile – Edinburgh
- The Circus – Bath
- Waterside (into Southern Lane) – Stratford Upon Avon
- Steep Hill – Lincoln
- Gold Hill, Shaftesbury and Kings Parade – Cambridge
- Elm Hill – Norwich
- Eastgate Street – Chester
- The Market Place – Devizes
- Main Street, Harworth and Harbour Street – Whitstable
- The Square – Winchester
- Thomas Street, Wells and Gay Street – Newcastle
- Cecily Hill, Cirencester and Ledbury Road – Notting Hill
- Catherine Hill – Frome
- The Homeland – Ledbury