Small fire breaks out at Pavilions student accommodation

Firefighters were called to Pavilion House on Ruston Way last night, after a fire broke out at the student accommodation.

In a statement, a spokesperson from iQ Student Accommodation – which manages the block of flats – said the ‘small domestic fire’ was caused by paper being left in close proximity to a hob.

They said: “The fire was quickly contained and extinguished, residents were evacuated promptly, and there was minimal damage to the affected area.

“All the procedures put in place for eventualities such as these – including fire alarms, fire doors and fire extinguishers – worked as planned.”

Fire crews from Lincoln South, Lincoln North, Waddington and Sleaford all arrived on the scene to tackle the flames yesterday evening. No one was injured.

A spokeswoman for Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue said: “We were called at 21:24pm last night to the ground floor of the student halls on Ruston Way.

“There was severe damage by fire to a small quantity of paper on the electric hob.

“It was extinguished using two breathing apparatus, one hose reel and a thermal imaging camera.”

Comments are closed.