All comments on The Linc are moderated before publication (or rejection). When you post a comment, it is held in a queue until we approve or reject it. We have found that people who use their real names in comments carry on more engaging, respectful conversations.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our reporters’ work, but personal attacks to writers of The Linc will not be tolerated.
Any libellous comments will be deleted as soon as our attention is drawn to them and may make the poster liable to legal action by the host. Please note that proof, either for or against, may be requested in order to substantiate the complaint.
The decision of the editorial team is final. You may plead your case by email and we are open to debate, but there will be no free-for-all in the comments. If you believe your comment was unrightfully rejected or edited, please contact us.
When you leave a comment, please consider:
- Fill in the name field with your real name or initials and leave a valid email address for contacting you. The email address will not be published.
- IP addresses will be tracked if we suspect malicious activity, and we reserve the right to blacklist repeat offenders.
- Comment moderation will be on full-time, and all comments will be read by a moderator prior to publication (or deletion).
- We will edit or delete any insulting or abusive comments outright.
- Offensive material or material of a kind likely to cause harassment will not be tolerated and will be reported to the proper authorities.