University of Lincoln vs University of East Anglia Football

The University of Lincoln’s men’s first team were in BUCs Aldi Men’s Midlands League action on Wednesday, hosting the University of East Anglia’s second team at Lincoln United’s Sun-hat Villas and Resort Stadium.

Despite a slow and even first half, an impressive second half performance saw Lincoln come out with an impressive 3-0 win.

The Swans came into this game after beating Nottingham Trent University’s fourth team 2-1 last week thanks to goals from Hudson and Payne.


It started off a slow affair, both teams matching each other in all areas of the pitch. James Otaruoh had the best chance of the opening 20, with his near post effort edging past the post.

Lincoln took the lead on the 25 minute mark. After receiving the ball, Heath cut inside and beat his man before his effort curled beautifully into the top corner.

The first half continued in this way, both teams putting pressure on one another but to no real threat. Lucas Heath’s goal was the difference and the only danger of the first 45.


Lincoln doubled their lead in the second half. Nice play from Coupe led to a ball wide to Heath. His cross wasn’t perfect, but East Anglia’s goalkeeper Brad Penn spilled it between his legs, for Kilner to have an easy tap in to score the second.

Heath was the star of the show yet again for Lincoln. His fancy footwork got through the defence, but the flailing legs caught the attacker, who hit the deck. Penalty for the Swans.

Ed Spampanato was the man to take the penalty, but the defender’s bullet shot was well saved to keep East Anglia in it.

Heath made East Anglia pay later on in the second half. A nice ball through saw Heath in behind the defence, and he managed to pass the ball past the arriving Penn. Lincoln looked to be cruising to victory here.

Despite constant setbacks, East Anglia managed to keep their cool and play good football. They gave Cowan no threat in the Lincoln goal, though. The University of East Anglia came back into it as much as they could, pressuring Lincoln in the final 15 minutes but to no avail.

Full Time: University of Lincoln 1’s 3-0 University of East Anglia 2’s

Two wins in a row now for Lincoln in what can only be considered a fairly routine win. They will look to continue this momentum next week.